Eclipse Camera c1889
J.F Shew & Co, London, England.
The Eclipse was first seen in 1885 as "Shew's Eclipse Instantaneous
Hand Apparatus", it was one of the first hand cameras manufactured in
The Scottish scientific instrument maker George Lowdon, granted Shew the
license of his 1885 patent No 4102 for the side strut construction.
By 1898 five sizes were available, from quarter plate (this example) up
to whole plate. Darlot, French RR lens with built in rotary shutter.